Be a part of something that’s never been done before.
The chance to work with talented engineers, software developers, plant researchers, and thought leaders. The opportunity to be a leader in an explosively growing industry and science. The promise of inspiring growth for our employees so we can empower growth for our customers.
At LumiGrow, we’re working to solve the world’s food and energy challenges by revolutionizing greenhouse lighting. It takes a talented team to do something this big. We look forward to meeting you.
With family, community and work obligations, we know how hard it can be to juggle all the responsibilities you have in a single day. We’ve provided the best care and resources we can offer to help you remain healthy, balanced and successful in all areas of your life.
For starters, we offer generous healthcare and dental plans, supplemental insurances for special needs, an FSA plan and a 401k. We also offer:
- Our super smart team innovates every day. Join us to learn, grow, solve and create.
- A strong team serves our customers best. We stay connected with happy hours, popcorn, ping pong, monthly off-sites, volunteer work and LumiLove!
- Our kitchen stays stocked with healthy snacks, drinks and fresh fruit. We splurge on sweet treats too!
- We have bikes and a 24-hour gym on site to keep yourself fit and well.
Software Engineer Level 1
Type: Full Time
Report: Director of Software Engineering
Location: Emeryville, CA, USA
Package: Salary, insurance (medical, dental, vision, FSA, DCA, Life, LTD), non-matching 401k, paid time off and vacation, stock options
At LumiGrow, we’re working to solve the world’s food and energy challenges by revolutionizing greenhouse lighting. Our industry-leading LED lighting solutions empower growers to increase yield and crop quality while reducing energy costs. The Company’s 3,000+ installations include global agribusinesses, top produce and flower growers, more than 200 universities, and the USDA.
By joining our team of talented engineers, software developers, plant researchers, and thought leaders, you will have the opportunity to expand the boundaries of lighting technology and plant science. We are committed to inspiring growth for our employees, which we believe empowers growth for our customers.
It takes a talented team to do something this big. We look forward to meeting you!
The Software Engineer Level 1 will thrive in a start-up environment, be enthusiastic about producing quality code, and be able to build innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
A successful candidate will own the full lifecycle of application development including design, documentation, development, debugging and implementation software programming applications. She or he will support and install software applications or systems and participate in the testing process using test design, execution and result analysis.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and develop software solutions by following functional specifications; studying information needs; conferring with customers; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Modify software to eliminate errors, adapt it to new and existing hardware, improve its performance, and upgrade interfaces.
- Develop solutions and illustrate ideas using documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments.
- Maintain and support existing systems and applications, research and resolve various application and data specific issues.
- Perform system testing and validation procedures.
Other Position Responsibilities
- Communicate with business stakeholders to fully understand requirements, provide feedback, and request clarification as needed
- Review requirements and translate into responsible applications and architecture
- Conduct design and code reviews with extended team
- Develop software verification plans and Quality Assurance procedures
- Track and resolve software defects
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Work with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status
- BS degree in Computer Science, other technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and build tools
- Experience building and working with APIs (JSON, REST and SOAP)
- Relational database knowledge as application developer, SQL server programming and integration, query writing and optimization, stored procedures
- Knowledge in cloud platforms (preferable AWS), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management
- Basic knowledge of operating network/internet devices including firewalls, routers, switches load balancers, etc.
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment
- Curiosity about new technologies and techniques
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Language: Fluent in English
- Must reside in the Bay Area
- Authorized to work in United States
- Experience with embedded systems
- Show us a personal project you are actively working on (doesn’t have to be code, but it should involve something technical you can explain to us)
Interpersonal Skills Requirements
- Integrity, excellent judgment, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills
- Work ethic – confident under pressure of deadlines and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Able to generate new ideas and follow through to completion
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentations skills
- Professionalism, upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
- Self-driven, motivated, and able to make responsible decisions
Apply herein or email the following application materials to email@example.com. Please include your name and the title for this position (“Your name — Software Engineer Level 1”) in the subject line of your email. Please consider sending a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and resume with qualifications.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
This Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. LumiGrow does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, sex or gender (which includes gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, LumiGrow prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws. For information about the types of conduct that constitute unlawful harassment and the Company’s internal procedures for addressing complaints of harassment, please refer to the Company’s Policy against Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation in this Handbook.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, LumiGrow will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.Apply Now